You are invited to contribute to the SoberQ podcast. Here’s how:
1. Know what Question you will share about
Have a think about the question you have been asked to share about. Keep in mind that you have a limited time and that a wide variety of people will be hearing your share. Many of the listeners will be newcomers who are unfamiliar with the AA program.
If you haven’t received an invitation directly but would like to share, you can request an invitation to share on the SoberQ Podcast.
2. Open the voice recording app on your phone or device
3. Always start recording by stating your name and
“The question is…”
To keep all the shares consistant on the SoberQ podcast, please start your share by identifying as you would in an AA meeting with your name and then state the question.
“My name it Bill. I’m an alcoholic.
The question is “When did we find hope?”
4. Share your experience for no more than 4 minutes
Please keep your share around 4 minutes or less and stay on the topic of the question.
5. Send your recording to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are have recorded on your phone, you should be able to select the recording and then the ‘export’ or ‘share’ button. Select to share via email and send to email@example.com
The ‘export’ button looks like this on a iPhone –
The ‘share’ button looks like this on Android –
If recording on a PC, attach the recorded file to an email and address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email you can add some other (optional) information about yourself if you like:
- Home group
- Your length of sobriety
- Your age when you got sober
- A link to your anonymous twitter account, recovery blog or podcast, or to your AA home group’s webpage.